“Aston University Funded Scholarship to study in the UK” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
Aston University (abbreviated as Aston. for post-nominals) is a public research university situated in the city centre of Birmingham, England. Aston began as the Birmingham Municipal Technical School in 1895, evolving into the UK’s first College of Advanced Technology in 1956. Aston University received its royal charter from Queen Elizabeth II on 22 April 1966.
There were two different types of universities in Britain, public research University or Russel group Universities, Aston is a public research university, which has a focus on professor research and graduate students offering a different way of further education or teaching . These universities tended to focus more on practicality of education and how to take studies into the working world.
Aston University has courses like marketing and Human Resources which is different to Russell group universities who focus more on traditional subjects rather than offering courses for students to make it easier to find specific careers.
Aston has one of the leading business schools in the world and gained world wide recognition, all of which was hard to anticipate in 1947 when the technical school created a department of industrial administration. Research at Aston business school started in 1961 when the industrial administration research unit was set up and was involved in groundbreaking research.
There has been a gradual progress for the University as 1979 saw the university being awarded its first MBA (master of business administration). An award for this was given to the university in 2006 serving as one of the leading and long established programmes in the UK. Between 1980–1997 Aston launched an MSc in Public Services Management, the Work Organisation Research Centre (WORC), the Innovation Design and Operations Management Centre (IDOM), a distance learning MBA, an MSc in International Business and opened a dedicated suite for postgraduate students.
Not only this but as recent as 2017, the department of law developed into the ‘Aston law school’ which sat alongside the business school and is now run as one the best law schools in the country. In September 2021, it was announced that Aston University was shortlisted for University of the Year in the Times Higher Education Awards 2021.
In 2020, Aston University was named “University of the Year” by The Guardian, and the newspaper also awarded Aston Students’ Union its “Buildings That Inspire” award. The Times Higher Education Awards named Aston University as its “Outstanding Entrepreneurial University” in 2020.
In 2021, the university announced plans to close its Department of History, Languages and Translation, focusing instead on health, engineering, and business. This decision led to protests from members of the university, as well as humanities scholars broadly.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
Aston University Funded Scholarship to study in the UK:
Aston University welcomes students from all backgrounds. We take pride in our diverse student body who come not only from all over the world, but also from a wide range of social and educational backgrounds. This scholarship will be awarded to students who demonstrate academic excellence, and a genuine commitment to their subject area which could be demonstrated by work-experience, volunteering or extra-curricular projects and activities.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
- International and EU students from any country can apply.
- This scholarship is available for students applying to undergraduate (excluding Medicine) and postgraduate taught courses (excluding MBA, Postgraduate Diploma for Overseas Pharmacists (OSPAP) and distance learning courses). starting in September 2022.
- They are holding an offer for a full-time Undergraduate or Postgraduate Taught.
- students who have achieved exceptional academic results, and who can demonstrate a passion for their subject through professional work experience, volunteering or extracurricular projects and activities.
- You can only receive one scholarship but you are able to apply for multiple scholarships. If you are successful in being awarded multiple scholarships, the highest value scholarship will be awarded to you. Scholarships will automatically be credited to your student account in the form of a tuition fee reduction.
- Student’s guide here
Benefits of Aston University Funded Scholarship in the UK:
Successful applicants will be awarded £8,000 to help with tuition fees.
- Chemical Engineering & Applied Chemistry
- Computer Science
- Electronic Engineering
- Engineering Systems & Management
- Mechanical Engineering & Design
- Languages and Social Science
- Pharmacy & Pharmaceutical Science
- Biological & Biomedical Sciences
- Neurophysiology & Neurosensory Sciences
- Psychology, Health Psychology & Cognitive Neuroscience
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Motivation letter.
- Recommendation Letters.
Important dates and deadline:
Applications for Aston University Funded Scholarship to study in the UK close on 31 July 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here