“British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships 2023” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
As the world’s first national graduate school in the Arts and Humanities, their mission is to work together to inspire researchers who are talented, caring, ethical and reflective professionals with a demonstrable commitment to generating and mobilising knowledge across a range of scholarly, professional and public communities.
HEI members cover the whole of Scotland, from the Highlands and Islands to the Scottish Borders. Rooted in Scotland, we are an integral part of Scottish, UK and international civil society.
Through the values of respect, inclusivity, partnership and creativity, they enrich the many contributions made to our culture and society by doctoral researchers across our member HEIs.
SGSAH is home to the AHRC Doctoral Training Partnership for Scotland. It is funded by the Scottish Funding Council and the Arts & Humanities Research Council (AHRC) as well as member HEIs.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships 2023:
The British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships is a program run by SGSAH with funding from the British Council to enable international research collaborations between PhD and Early Career Researchers and Scottish HEIs and Scotland-based academic mentors, and external organizations, thematically focused on environmental arts and humanities and their interdisciplinary connections.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
- The Program is for PhD and early career researchers (ECRs) registered at or graduated from any non-UK university who are working within the environmental arts and humanities to come to Scotland to work with an academic mentor and access networks and resources of a host HEI (Higher Education Institute) in 2023.
- All applicants must be currently registered for a PhD, or graduated with a PhD, which broadly falls under Arts & Humanities subject areas. These subject areas are detailed by the AHRC. Research proposals must also fall into Arts & Humanities subject areas. For any interdisciplinary PhDs, at least 50% of the project must fall within Arts & Humanities disciplines. The program strongly encourages research project proposals that have interdisciplinarity approaches beyond the Arts & Humanities.
- For the purposes of the Program, ECRs must be within 1 year of notification of award of their PhD (under exceptional circumstances this can be extended to 2 years – see the scheme Guidelines for full detail).
The SGSAH HEIs are:
Edinburgh Napier University
The Glasgow School of Art
Glasgow Caledonian University
Queen Margaret University
Robert Gordon University
Royal Conservatoire of Scotland
University of Aberdeen
University of Dundee
University of Edinburgh
University of Glasgow
University of St Andrews
University of Stirling
University of Strathclyde
University of the Highlands & Islands
University of the West of Scotland
Benefits of British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships:
- Cost travel from country to country,
- Accommodation costs
- Visa costs
- Environmental arts
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL
- Recommendation Letters.
- Motivation letter
- A full research proposal; and details of how you will benefit from Cluster membership, cohort-building, training and development activities
Important dates and deadline:
The deadline to apply for British Council Scotland SGSAH EARTH Scholarships 2023 is 7 November 2022.
Applicants will be informed of the outcome by Monday 12 December 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here