“Fine arts major“ Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA or B.F.A.) is an undergraduate degree for students in the United States and Canada who are seeking a professional education in the fields of visual or expressive arts. In some countries, this degree is called a Bachelor of Creative Arts (BCA).
In Great Britain, the equivalent degree is a Bachelor of Arts in the field of Fine Arts. In Australia, a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree is awarded to students who complete a Visual Arts degree, but not the Performing Arts. Some specific degrees such as a Bachelor of Dance or a Bachelor of Drama are used in expressive arts in Australia and in large parts of Europe.
In India, an undergraduate fine arts degree is called a BFA or BVA (Bachelor of Visual Arts). It is a certificate obtained after studying for four years. Qualification for this course is by passing with a grade of 10+2 in any stream of Board Recognized Education.
In the United States, a Bachelor of Fine Arts degree differs from a Bachelor of Art degree in that the majority of the program consists of a hands-on studio component, not lectures and discussion classes. A typical BFA program in the United States consists of two-thirds studies in the arts, with one-third studies in the more general liberal arts. For a Bachelor of Arts, the ratio can be the other way round.
The National Association of Colleges of Art and Design (NASAD), which awards accreditation to fine arts programs in the field of visual arts and design in the United States, states that a “professional degree (BFA) focuses on extensive work in the visual arts, supported by a program of general studies. The Liberal Arts degree (Bachelor of Arts) focuses on art and design within a broad-based program of general studies.
A Bachelor of Fine Arts degree often requires a degree of specialization such as acting, lyrical theatre, ceramic art, computer animation, creative writing, dance, dramatic writing, drawing, synthesis, media production, visual effects, animation, graphic design, illustration, or design. Industrial, visual arts, interior design, metalworking, music, new media, painting, photography, art prints, sculpture, stage management, or television production. Alternatively, some colleges give their students a broad-based education in several technical disciplines.
Fine arts majors:
The College of Fine Arts is the place for talented and artists. It is necessary for the student who chooses this branch to be inclined to these arts and bear the desire and passion to learn them and enter into their details, and there are a number of specializations in them:
- Interior Architecture (Decoration Engineering)
- visual communication (advertising)
- photography (drawing)
- Engraving and Printing (Graphic)
Study Fine Arts:
Study and education As a student in a college of fine arts, a bachelor’s degree must be obtained from an accredited university in one of the popular departments “Architecture – Decoration
Graphics – Sculpture – Painting – Art History”. You can complete postgraduate studies that enhance the development of your skills and add to your experience in certain areas or materials, such as metalworking, for example, or glass blowing, because the more you know, the more your abilities in the field of fine arts.
Although the BFA is considered a four-year degree, the BFA can require a longer period of time due to the required studio course work.
Best universities to study fine arts:
As an art student, the opportunity to study famous artwork up close and personal is an important complement to your classroom learning and studio experience. Although you may be fortunate enough to own a fine selection of artwork near your home university, many students will need to travel to see master’s work in person or to see more specific and focused pieces directly related to a particular medium or art discipline.
List of the best universities to study fine arts:
- Rhode Island School of Design
- School of the Art Institute of Chicago
- California Institute of the Arts
- Central Saint Martins College of Art and Design
- Parsons School of Design at The New School
Available job opportunities:
The Faculty of Fine Arts has a very good future, and after completing this branch, you will have many career fields, depending on the specialization you have chosen:
- Department of Interior Architecture: Interior Design, Industrial Design and Fashion Design
- Visual Communication Department: Advertising design, photography, Arabic calligraphy, decoration, design and formation of Latin letters, free drawing and computer design
- Visualization Section: Drawing Paintings with Multiple Techniques.
- Engraving and Printing Department: Chinese ink engraving and drawing techniques and black and white space formation
- Sculpture Department: It includes work (in plates), metal, gypsum, and relief sculpture
- Studying fine arts is one of the things that requires a lot of determination and hard work to make your career as a good artist. It takes a lot of training to ensure that you, as a graduate, join one of the jobs that fall under the fine arts, and enter the professional life quickly and professionally. Here is all you need to know about the fine arts major.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here