“Fully Funded Obama Foundation Scholarship in United States” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The Obama Foundation offers a robust leadership development curriculum, training, networking activities, and customized support throughout the school year to help Obama scholars gain the real-world skills, tools, and experience they need to expand the impact of their work when they come home.
These experiences allow scholars to gain insights from high-level leaders across sectors and from the wealth of knowledge across the network of Obama Foundation program participants while planning how they wish to reinvest their new skills, networks, and knowledge after they graduate from the program.
Foundation-led activities include both groups of scholars, based in UChicago and Columbia, with the goal of creating a broader global community of practice for shared learning to inform and accelerate scholars’ approach to their work as they return to their communities. after graduation.
Each group’s experience is designed to take advantage of the rich research ecosystems of these two world-class institutions and the cities in which they are located, providing unique and immersive learning opportunities for researchers in Chicago and New York City.
Key components of the Obama Foundation-led experience include an orientation program to welcome the cohort into the Obama Foundation community and a final graduation program to celebrate the group’s accomplishments and present their action plans.
Leadership development workshops and talks are designed to improve scholars’ ability to tell the story of their work, reflect and refine their leadership approach, and build sustainable personal resilience. Through a variety of virtual session formats, scholars also hear about innovative solutions coming from the alumni community participating in the Obama Foundation program and hold talks with high-level thought leaders across sectors.
The Foundation facilitates direct connections between current Obama Scholars and past classes, based on the issues they focus on, and dedicated support including an executive coach and experts in strategic communications and fundraising to help scholars develop their action plan, and advance their leadership journey.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
Fully Funded Obama Foundation Scholarship in United States:
The Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University seeks emerging leaders from the United States and around the world. Since 2018, the Obama Foundation Scholars Program at Columbia University has welcomed 46 emerging leaders from 36 countries who have demonstrated a commitment to finding solutions to challenges in their communities, countries, and regions.
Emerging leaders of organizations and movements face a range of challenges, including strengthening governance, increasing access to high-quality health care, environmental sustainability and promoting women’s rights and ending gender-based violence.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for Fully Funded Obama Foundation Scholarship in United States:
- Applicants to be emerging leaders who have made meaningful contributions to their field and are now at a “breakthrough moment” in their career.
- The applicant has a demonstrated commitment to service and leadership within a community, region or country, along with a demonstrated commitment to return to these communities after completion of the program and to apply their improved training, skills, and connections on a long-term basis to benefit from these communities.
- Fluent in English (oral, written and spoken).
- They have the ability and inclination to positively shape the future of their community.
- The applicant has a demonstrated commitment to inclusivity, community orientation, hope, courage, imagination, strategy, accountability, integrity and resilience.
- Applicants whose native language is not English are required to demonstrate English proficiency by submitting scores from one of four tests: paper-based or internet-based tests for the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), International English Language Testing System (IELTS); Pearson Test of Academic English (PTE Academic), or Duolingo English Test (DET). No other tests will be accepted.
Benefits of Fully Funded Obama Foundation Scholarship in United States:
- A monthly stipend to help with living expenses in New York City.
- Furnished studio apartment within walking distance of Columbia University, if program able to meet in person.
- All tuition and fees for up to four courses at Columbia University.
- Basic medical, dental, and life insurance for the duration of the program in New York City, if the program is able to meet in person.
- Air travel to and from home and any program related activities.
Available Programs in Fully Funded Obama Foundation Scholarship in United States:
- architecture and planning
- Arts and Sciences
- Business management
- The press
- Engineering and applied sciences
- International and Public Affairs
view all available programs here
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- 2 Recommendation Letter.
- Motivation letter.
- Personal Video Statement: The personal video statement must be a short video clip (no longer than three minutes) in which the applicant and their work present to the selection committee. Applicants will upload their video statement to a video hosting service, such as YouTube or Vimeo, and will include a link to their video in the online application. Additional information about the requirements for a personal video statement can be found in the online application form.
- Responses to Short Essay Questions: The short essay questions help the selection committee understand the applicant’s work, motivations and how the program fits into their career path. Applicants will submit their essay questions in the online application.
Important dates and deadline:
Applications of Fully Funded Obama Foundation Scholarship in United States close on 22 December 2021.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here