“Funded scholarship to attend an international conference in Canada” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The International AIDS Society (IAS) is the world’s largest association of HIV/AIDS professionals, with 11,600 members from more than 170 countries as of July 2020, including physicians, people living with HIV, service providers, policy makers, and more. It aims to reduce the global impact of AIDS through collective advocacy. Founded in 1988, IAS is headquartered in Geneva, and its president since July 2020 is Adeeba Kamarulzaman.
The International Academy of Sciences hosts the biennial International AIDS Conference, the IAS Conference on HIV Science, and the HIV Prevention Research Conference.
IAS is a non-profit organization founded in 1988, with a mandate to organize the International AIDS Conference. Initially, the IAS was based in Stockholm, and Lars-Olof Kallings was the Secretary General from 1988 until 2003.
In 2004, IAS restructured its organization, expanded the number of technical staff, and moved the headquarters to Geneva. The aim of this step was to strengthen organizational linkages with other health NGOs and multilateral agencies (of the United Nations).
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
Funded scholarship to attend an international conference in Canada:
The AIDS Program 2022 Scholarship offers financial assistance to eligible applicants worldwide to attend the conference in Montreal, Canada or attend online.
The program supports individuals who contribute to the conference program, as well as applicants who demonstrate that they will transfer the skills and knowledge gained from the conference to the work they do in their organizations and communities.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for Funded scholarship to attend an international conference in Canada:
- Anyone who works or volunteers with HIV and is at least 16 years old on July 27, 2022. Priority will be given to:
- The presenters, facilitators of workshops and organizers of the Global Village and Youth Program activities selected to present to the conference.
- Applicants from low-income countries.
- Applicants who belong to major population groups and people living with HIV.
- Young and junior investigators under the age of 35.
- Applicants who have not previously received a scholarship to the International AIDS Conference.
To attend online:
- Registration to attend the virtual conference (full online access to all conference sessions, including virtual networking sessions).
‘Accessibility support for virtual attendees (depending on availability, applicants with connectivity challenges can apply for a SIM, data package, or device to facilitate your access to the online content of the conference).
- Conference registration (includes access to all sessions at the conference venue, as well as access to the virtual platform).
- Travel support (economy class prepaid ticket from the nearest international airport).
- Accommodation (single room in a budget hotel or student residence).
- Daily living allowance for the duration of the conference
- Applicants who apply to attend the conference in person are strongly encouraged to ensure that they comply with Government of Canada entry requirements, as well as COVID-19 travel regulations, when applying for the scholarship.
Benefits of Funded scholarship to attend an international conference in Canada:
You can request financial support for registration, travel support, accommodation, daily living allowance and/or virtual access support, depending on the type of attendance required (in person or online). Please note that not all required support may be granted. Full scholarships will only be offered in a limited number of cases.
Available Programs in Funded scholarship to attend an international conference in Canada:
The field of HIV.
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- Recommendation Letters.
- Motivation letter.
- You will be asked to answer some brief questions about your motivation for attending the conference, your experience with HIV, and how your participation in the conference will benefit your community.
Important dates and deadline:
The deadline of Funded scholarship to attend an international conference in Canada is 31 January 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here