“Government of Ireland Funded Scholarship” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The mission of the Irish Research Council is to support excellence in research talent, knowledge and engagement, their vision is for a connected, agile Irish Research Council that invests in the people, skills and ideas, across all disciplines, that will deliver new possibilities for the future, within Ireland and beyond. The IRC is an associate agency of the Department of Education and Skills, under the aegis of the Higher Education Authority (HEA), and has the following mandate:
To fund excellent research within, and between, all disciplines, and in doing so to enhance Ireland’s international reputation as a center for research and learning, To support the education and skills development of excellent individual early-stage researchers and to cultivate agile independent researchers and thinkers, while offering a range of opportunities which support diverse career paths.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
Government of Ireland Funded Scholarship:
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is an established national initiative, funded by the Department of Further and Higher Education, Research, Innovation and Science, and managed by the Council.
The Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Program is unique in the Irish research landscape and complements other channels for funded postgraduate education in the Irish ecosystem.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
- Potential applicants should carefully ascertain whether they are eligible in advance of applying to either program.
- All applicants will be required to complete and pass an eligibility quiz on the online application system prior to accessing an application form.
- There is no age limit for applicants to be eligible for either program type.
- All applicants must be affiliated with an eligible Irish higher education institution or
- Applications will only be accepted in either the Irish or English language.
- Applicants must not have had two previous unsuccessful applications to the relevant program, including to strategic partner themes.
- This applies regardless of whether the applicant has changed their host institution or research topic since a previous submission.
- More details here
The participated institutions are:
- Atlantic Technological University
- Coláiste Mhuire Marino
- Dublin City University
- Dublin Institute for Advanced Studies
- Dublin Dental Hospital
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Art, Design & Technology
- Mary Immaculate College
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design
- National College of Ireland
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- RCSI University of Medicine and Health Sciences
- Royal Irish Academy
- Royal Irish Academy of Music
- South East Technological University
- Technological University Dublin
- Technological University of the Shannon: Midlands Midwest
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Dublin, Trinity College
- University of Limerick
Benefits of Government of Ireland Funded Scholarship:
- a stipend of €18,500 per annum;
- a contribution to fees, including non-EU fees, up to a maximum of €5,750 per annum; and
- eligible direct research expenses of €3,250 per annum.
Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Program:
- a salary of €39,132 in the first year of the award and €39,686 in the second year
- employer’s PRSI contribution; and
- eligible direct research expenses of €5,000 per annum.
- Social sciences
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- Recommendation Letters.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL
- Motivation letter.
Important dates and deadline:
The deadline to apply for Government of Ireland Funded Scholarship is 20 October 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here