“How to get a visa to study in Australia” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
Australia is a stable, democratic and culturally diverse country with a highly skilled workforce and one of the strongest performing economies in the world. With stunning landscapes and a rich ancient culture, Australia is a land like no other. It is the sixth largest country by area in the world, and the only country to rule an entire continent.
Australian English is the most widely spoken language there. It is similar to English in grammar and spelling, but with some notable exceptions. English is the true national language there.
The capital of Australia is the city of Canberra (in English: Canberra), its largest inland city. It was chosen as the capital of the country because of its middle location between the two largest cities in Australia, Sydney and Melbourne.
Australia is the third most popular destination for international students in the world, and five of its cities are among the best student cities in the world. The facilities at Australian universities are also great.
There are many reasons why Australia is a world-class destination in higher education. But before you can embark on your study trip to Australia, you should know more about what you need to do in order to obtain your student visa before you arrive.
General criteria for accepting a student visa to Australia:
- You have been registered and accepted into a university
- High level of English
- You have sufficient financial support that qualifies you to manage your life affairs while studying
- You do not have any debts or doubts that prevent you from entering Australia
- You wish to leave once you have completed your studies in Australia
Apply to an Australian university and get your acceptance letter:
If you are still not sure where you want to study in Australia, you will have to decide before you can start the visa application process. After being accepted into an Australian university, you will receive an acceptance letter which is required for a student visa.
Find out what type of visa you need to study in Australia:
You will have to apply for an Australian Student Visa (subclass 500) using the official online platform. Just follow the steps on the website. You can fill in your country of origin to get a list of visa application requirements.
There are two types of student visas to Australia.
The 574 visa is for postgraduate research programs.
The 573 visa is for other programs and courses, including undergraduate and postgraduate degrees.
Working as an international student in Australia:
Most types of student visas allow you to work during your studies for up to 20 hours/week (part-time) during semesters and full-time on holidays.
Language requirements to study in Australia:
When you apply for an Australian student visa, you are required to prove your English language skills with an acceptable English language test result:
- TOEFL iBT
- IELTS Academic
- PTE . Academy
Apply online for a visa:
You will need to create an account using the department’s online application system “ImmiAccount” to complete and submit your student visa application. You can also track your visa status through ImmiAccount once you have submitted your application.
What do you have to do after obtaining the visa?
Once you get your visa, there are a number of things you need to do to ensure it stays valid, including:
- Ensure that you remain registered for the course, keep making satisfactory progress and adhere to attendance
- Provide your address in Australia to your educational institution so they can contact you (don’t forget to tell them if you move to another address)
- Maintain your ability to support yourself financially while in Australia
- Do not violate the terms of employment that apply to your visa.
Documents required to be a student visa in Australia:
- Complete application form.
- A valid passport in the original and photocopy.
- Acceptance letter from the university you applied to.
- Evidence that you can financially afford your studies. ($62,222/year which includes tuition fees, travel costs and living costs).
- Acceptable Australian health insurance that covers your stay in the country.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Criminal record check
- Evidence that you have paid a visa fee of approximately AUD 620 (unless exempt).
- If you are under 18, you will also need to provide additional documents such as parental consent.
- Issuing a visa takes time.. Therefore, be ready with all the required papers and documents..
- Make sure that your passport is valid .. If not, renew it immediately to avoid any problems
- Make sure that you fill out all the forms correctly and accurately.. If it takes you some time to fill out the form, this is much better than writing wrong data or not fulfilling the conditions!
- Make sure that the personal photos in the passport comply with the required conditions
- You must submit your application no later than six weeks before the start of the study program, and no later than 12 weeks before the start of the study program.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here