“Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Funded Scholarship” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The OeNB is a stock corporation under the Federal Act on the Oesterreichische Nationalbank 1984 (Nationalbank Act). Given its status as a central bank, it is governed by a range of special provisions set out in the Nationalbank Act. The capital of the OeNB is EUR 12 million and is held by a sole shareholder, the federal government (Article 9 Nationalbank Act). The shareholder rights of the federal government are exercised by the Federal Minister of Finance.
In carrying out its tasks, the OeNB is fully independent and not bound by any instructions. This principle applies to the entire Eurosystem – the ECB and all national central banks of the euro area – and is enshrined in the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union.
The Governing Board is responsible for the overall running of the OeNB, the General Council for its supervision. The OeNB applies the guiding principles “stability and security” to all its activities.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Funded Scholarship:
The Oesterreichische Nationalbank (OeNB) has replaced the economic research awards previously conferred by its Economic Analysis and Research Department with the newly established “Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship.” This Scholarship gives outstanding researchers the opportunity to contribute to the broad range of research activities at the OeNB’s Economic Analysis and Research Department by providing consultancy services.
The Scholarship program targets Austrian and international experts with a proven research record in economics and finance and with postdoctoral research experience. Applicants need to be in active employment with a research institution in Austria or abroad and should be interested in broadening their research horizon and expanding their personal research networks in an environment of increasing international research mobility.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Funded Scholarship:
- Eligible candidates must have completed a PhD or hold an equivalent degree and published work and done scientific research in the fields defined in the call for Scholarship applications.
- Applicants can be of any nationality and there is no age limit.
- Only applications submitted by natural persons will be accepted. It is not possible to apply for more than one scholarship under the Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Scholarship program.
- Eligible candidates shall be acknowledged experts with a proven track record in economic research and shall be well integrated in their research community.
- Applicants must provide proof of active employment with a research institution at the time of their application and for the period for which the Scholarship is granted.
more details here
Benefits of Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Funded Scholarship:
Each Scholarship recipient receives a consultancy fee subject to the scope of the consultancy service. The fee must not exceed EUR 10,000 for the entire period of the Scholarship (net of value-added tax). This fee shall satisfy all claims of the scholarship recipient toward the OeNB. If the consultancy services are subject to value-added tax, the consultancy fee will be increased by the applicable sales tax rate (currently 20%).
more details here
Available Programs in Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Funded Scholarship:
- Related fields
- Motivation letter, including an indication of the time period envisaged for the consultancy
- a detailed consultancy proposal
- a description of current research topics and activities
- an up-to-date list of publications (or an extract therefrom)
- Two Recommendation Letters
- evidence of basic income (employment contract with the applicant’s home institution) during the term of the Scholarship, i.e. the consultancy period at the OeNB
- written confirmation by the home institution that the Scholarship, i.e. the provision of consultancy services by the applicant, is not in violation of the applicant’s employment contract with the home institution
How to Apply for the Klaus Liebscher Funded Scholarship in Austria:
Applications must be emailed to s[email protected] by the end of October 2022.
Important dates and deadline:
The deadline to apply for Klaus Liebscher Economic Research Funded Scholarship is the end of October 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here