“OIST Funded Scholarship in Japan” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The Okinawa Graduate Institute of Science and Technology (Okinawa Kagaku Gijutsu Daigakuin Daigaku, OIST) is a private graduate school located in Onna, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan.
The university is famous for its great openness and for attracting students and professors from outside Japan, as half of its faculty members are from outside the country. In addition, education and scientific research are conducted entirely in English.
This institute is renowned for its very high level of scientific research, where students work side by side with world-class faculty and researchers in well-equipped laboratories, and learn research by doing research!
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology offers opportunities to conduct scientific research related to one of its main departments: chemistry, engineering and applied sciences, environmental sciences, marine sciences, mathematics and computer sciences, biology, neurosciences, and physics.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
OIST Funded Scholarship in Japan:
The OIST Graduate School offers education and research opportunities through our Research Intern program in STEM fields. The duration of the internship is typically from 2 to 6 months. These short-term placements give students the opportunity to gain experience in a particular laboratory or to learn a specific technique. Interns will work under the direction of a Professor and contribute to the research activities of OIST.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
- Those eligible to apply for the OIST Research Internship Program include excellent students who are in the final 2 years of the undergraduate or Masters programs in universities, colleges, junior colleges, and vocational schools in Japan or overseas, or graduates of such institutions.
- Currently enrolled students must have approval from their home institution.
- Academic background of applicants should be appropriate to their desired host unit(s) at OIST.
- Research Interns who belong to a Japanese university/institution are required to prepare and bring their own insurances when accepted to the OIST Research Internship program. Acceptable insurances are the combination of Gakkensai and Gakkenbai, or other insurances with similar coverage.
- Frequently Asked Questions Here
Benefits of OIST Funded Scholarship in Japan:
- Internship Allowance: JPY 2,400 per working day (Non-taxable and weekends excluded)
- Commuting Allowance: OIST Shuttle Bus Pass
- Travel Expenses: One direct round-trip air ticket (travel date will be closest date to the term of placement)
- Accommodation: Furnished apartment on or off campus
- Quantum systems.
- Evolutionary genomics.
- Biodiversity and biocomplexity.
- Behavioral and sensory neuroscience.
all available programs here
How to apply:
You will need to open an account in order to apply to the program. Be sure to remember your username and password. You may complete the application all at once or in multiple sessions. Please fill out and submit the following materials to apply for the program:
- Statement of purpose
The Statement of Interest form is provided on the online application form.
Please write a 400 words (2500 characters) statement including the following points:
How does OIST and your desired research unit(s) fit with your current expertise and skill set? If you are interested in multiple research units, please explain your interest and fit for each briefly within one single statement.
What do you hope to accomplish at OIST?
How does a research internship at OIST fit into your overall career plans/aspirations?
- Academic Transcript and Diploma
Scanned copies of your current academic transcript and any other transcript from your past degree (BSc, MSc, etc.)
Diploma (BSc, MSc, etc.) in PDF format (if applicable)
A scan of an unofficial transcript or other record of grades may be uploaded to the application website.
English explanation is required for transcripts that are not written in English.
If you have not graduated and do not have a diploma yet, please upload a certificate of enrolment from your institution (which preferably indicates your expected graduation date)
- Recommendation Letter
A letter of reference from an academic or research professional familiar with your work is required. Each applicant is required to have at least one and no more than three letters of recommendation from appropriate recommenders. The application system will ask your recommenders directly for the letter(s), using the email contact details that you provide in the web application form. Please obtain the consent of your referee before submitting their details in the form. We do not accept any letters via email from applicants. Applicants will be automatically notified within the application system when OIST receives a recommendation letter.
- ID Photo
Upload a recent photo, showing your face from the front in standard passport orientation.
Once you have obtained/ prepared all the documents above, please apply to the program through this APPLICATION FORM
Note: We recommend using a computer when preparing the online application. If you prefer using a mobile device, please make sure to have the latest operating system for the application to work properly.
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- Recommendation Letters.
- Motivation letter.
Important dates and deadline:
The deadline to apply for OIST Funded Scholarship in Japan is 15 October 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here