” Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Funded Scholarship in Japan” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The Okinawa Graduate Institute of Science and Technology (Okinawa Kagaku Gijutsu Daigakuin Daigaku, OIST) is a private graduate school located in Onna, Okinawa Prefecture, Japan.
The university is famous for its great openness and for attracting students and professors from outside Japan, as half of its faculty members are from outside the country. In addition, education and scientific research are conducted entirely in English.
This institute is renowned for its very high level of scientific research, where students work side by side with world-class faculty and researchers in well-equipped laboratories, and learn research by doing research!
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology offers opportunities to conduct scientific research related to one of its main departments: chemistry, engineering and applied sciences, environmental sciences, marine sciences, mathematics and computer sciences, biology, neurosciences, and physics.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Funded Scholarship in Japan:
The OIST Japan Internship Scholarship opens its doors again and invites students from all over the world to apply and get a fully-funded internship opportunity to study and live in Japan for free during the internship period.
This outstanding scholarship is fully funded by the Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology (OIST) and receives a significant number of international students annually.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Funded Scholarship in Japan:
- All outstanding and talented students who are currently studying at the bachelor’s or master’s level in universities, colleges or vocational schools either in Japan or abroad, are eligible to apply for this opportunity.
- Fresh graduates can also apply.
- For students currently studying, they must obtain approval from their educational institution to travel and conduct an internship in Japan.
- The selection process is competitive and will consider applicants who are either recent graduates or in their last two years of study (for either a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree).
- For highly skilled candidates in research, an additional job will be considered, apart from the internship opportunity offered!
- Frequently Asked Questions Here
Benefits of Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Funded Scholarship in Japan:
- Students will be provided with a living allowance, JPY 2,400 per day (excluding weekends).
- Round trip travel costs.
- Support for housing on or off campus.
- Obtaining local registration visa and insurance procedures.
- Card for movement and movement in the city.
Available Programs in Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Funded Scholarship in Japan:
- Non-linear and non-equilibrium physics.
- Quantum systems.
- Evolutionary genomics.
- Biodiversity and biocomplexity.
- Behavioral and sensory neuroscience.
all available programs here
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- CV in this form is required by the scholarship administration exclusively.
- Academic Transcripts. (The graduation certificate is only required for people who have completed a bachelor’s level, and if you have not finished university yet, you can submit a transcript for previous years only).
- Recommendation Letters (Information on How to Make a Letter of Recommendation): Each applicant must have at least one and no more than three letters of recommendation from appropriate supervisors. But note that recommendation letters are not submitted to the institute before, but you must put the supervisor’s information (e-mail) and then the institute will contact him to ask him for a recommendation letter (the recommendation letter is requested from your supervisor exclusively).
- Personal Statement With this form only, please write a one-page statement and answer the following questions:
- How does the OIST and research unit you want fit in with your existing experience and skills?
- If you are interested in multiple research units, please describe your interest and suitability for each in a single statement.
- What do you hope to achieve at OIST?
- How does research training at OIST fit into your overall career plans/aspirations?
How to apply:
All students can submit their applications via the application form available online portal. You may submit your entire application after receiving at least one Recommendation Letter in the application system. After doing so, applicants will receive an automatic email notification confirming their scholarship application process.
Submissions will be evaluated and screened throughout the application period. 3 months after the application deadline, the successful candidate will receive additional information if selected for the scholarship. After the results are released, the educational institute will assist the accepted students in the application process for obtaining a study visa to Japan.
Important dates and deadline:
The deadline of Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology Funded Scholarship in Japan is 15 April 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here