“OPEC Funded Scholarship in Austria” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The OPEC Fund for International Development (OPEC Fund) is the intergovernmental development finance institution established in 1976 by the Member States of the Organization of the Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC). The OPEC Fund was conceived at the Conference of the Sovereigns and Heads of State of OPEC Member Countries, which was held in Algiers, Algeria, in March 1975. A Solemn Declaration of the Conference “reaffirmed the natural solidarity which unites OPEC countries with other developing countries in their struggle to overcome underdevelopment”, and called for measures to strengthen cooperation between these countries.
The OPEC Fund’s objective is to reinforce financial cooperation between OPEC Member Countries and other developing countries, by providing financial support to the latter for their socioeconomic development. The institution’s central mission is to foster South-South Partnership with fellow developing countries worldwide with the aim of eradicating poverty. OPEC Fund’s headquarters are located in Vienna, Austria. The current Director-General is Dr Abdulhamid Alkhalifa of Saudi Arabia. He assumed office as Director-General and chief executive officer of the OPEC Fund on November 1, 2018.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
OPEC Funded Scholarship in Austria:
The OPEC Fund offers an Internship Program enabling students from diverse academic backgrounds to experience work with an international organization.
Work assignments undertaken by interns may include:
- Conducting research.
- Writing documents.
- Organizing information.
- Assisting employees with their day-to-day work.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for OPEC Funded Scholarship in Austria:
Applicants must be between 19 to 25 years of age and enrolled in an undergraduate program (having completed at least two years) or graduate program. Alternatively, applicants may be recent graduates, having graduated a maximum of one year before the application deadline.
Applicants must be:
- Proficient in English. Knowledge of an additional language (e.g. French, Spanish, Arabic) is an asset.
- Computer literate in standard software applications (Microsoft Office).
- Keenly interested in the work of the OPEC Fund.
- Able to demonstrate cultural awareness.
- Able to demonstrate the OPEC Fund’s core values (Integrity, Empowerment, Excellence, Innovation, Community).
Benefits of OPEC Funded Scholarship in Austria:
The Internship Program runs for between three and six months and is designed to:
- Provide a framework to support students assigned to any OPEC Fund department so that the focus remains on enriching the student’s experience.
- Provide an immersive experience so that students gain practical experience of working for an international organization.
- Provide the opportunity for students to understand the OPEC Fund’s vision, mission and related values.
- Interns are assigned to different departments/units depending on their interests and qualifications, and according to departmental needs.
Available Programs in OPEC Funded Scholarship in Austria:
The Internship Program offers opportunities to focus on one or more of the following: public sector operations; private sector and trade finance operations; grants; financial operations; risk management; strategic planning and economic services; internal audit; human resources; administration; communication; legal services; and information technology.
- The online application form.
- A copy of their university diploma or equivalent, or an original letter of confirmation from a university/school certifying the applicant is / was an undergraduate student;
- A copy of their most recent university transcripts, showing the cumulative GPA or equivalent; and
- A short statement in English (about 150-250 words) outlining their motivation for applying.
- Successful candidates must be able to present a valid health or medical insurance policy for Austria or a similar certificate proving he / she will be fully covered from a medical perspective for the duration of the program.
- Due to a large volume of applications, the OPEC Fund will only enter into further correspondence with shortlisted candidates.
Please keep in mind:
All applications must be in English.
Please upload the statement and transcripts under the ‘Additional documents’ section of the application form. and
Please answer all the questions on the application form.
Important dates and deadline:
Applying for OPEC Funded Scholarship in Austria is available now.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here