“Shiraz University Fully Funded Scholarships to Study in Iran” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) was founded in 1946, it is one of the oldest medical universities nationwide. Shiraz University of Medical Sciences was first established as “Health Institute of Higher Education”. This institute was converted into the Faculty of Medicine in 1949. The “Namazi Higher Institute of Nursing” and the Dental School were established in 1954 and 1970 respectively. After that, other schools were gradually formed.
All public higher education schools in Shiraz (medical and non-medical) were initially under the auspices of Shiraz University – formerly “Pahlavi University”. In 1986, the “Ministry of Health, Treatment and Medical Education” took over medical science education in Iran with the aim of making more desirable use of national medical resources as well as promoting health care as well as medical teaching and research.
Shiraz University of Medical Sciences (SUMS) is not only responsible for training students in medical fields, but also runs all public hospitals, clinics and health care centers in Fars Province in southern Iran. The private sector of the health system in Fars is also subject to the supervision of SUMS. Shiraz SUMS has 18 schools, 63 research centers, 41 general hospitals (including 14 teaching hospitals) and 6 research incubators.
Iranian students are recruited into SUMS through the National Entrance Examination (Konkur), while international non-Iranian applicants who wish to apply to SUMS are required to apply online after going through our A-Z program list. At SUMS, we have been able to provide an intellectual environment to educate high-achieving students and send them to practice their skills around the world.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
Shiraz University Fully Funded Scholarships to Study in Iran:
The first-year scholarship: The newly admitted international students for undergraduate programs are awarded a maximum of 25% discount according to their performance in 12th grade of high school, applying through SUMS official agencies, and on-time payments (IEC approval is necessary for the scholarships to be awarded for each prospective student).
The annual scholarships from the second year: In order to help international students to pursue their education, Shiraz University of Medical Sciences will award a variety of scholarships to the applicants demonstrating outstanding educational skills, academic achievements and good moral characters. All international students are eligible to apply for these scholarships and scholarship winners get notification of their awards via email,
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
- If you are applying for a bachelor’s degree, you must have a high school diploma or its equivalent.
- Non-Iranian Students who meet the admission requirements
- Age must be 17 years old or more.
- If you are applying for a master’s degree, you must have a bachelor’s degree.
- If you are applying for a PhD, you must have a master’s degree.
- There is no minimum required GPA to secure admission to a graduate program. However, competitive applicants have the GPA of 3.00 or above.
- Graduate Language requirements: Evidence of English Proficiency on the TOEFL or IELTS tests. The minimum score for TOEFL PBT, TOEFL iBT and IELTS is 533, 72 and 5.5 respectively.
- Undergraduate English Proficiency on the TOEFL or IELTS tests. The minimum score for TOEFL PBT, TOEFL iBT and IELTS is 525, 69 and 5.5 respectively.
Benefits of Shiraz University Fully Funded Scholarships to Study in Iran:
Shiraz University offers many scholarships that vary in terms of funding and conditions. The university offers fully-funded scholarships and scholarships that include tuition fees only and at different rates depending on the academic competition of the student’s file.
- The Type C scholarship will cover all your expenses on an annual basis except for tuition fees and English language courses.
- The Type B Scholarship is a partial/full tuition fee waiver scholarship. Based on the student’s qualifications and moral character, the scholarship committee decides annually how much discount they can get on the annual tuition fee.
- The Type A scholarship displays the benefits of the Type B scholarship in addition to the stipend that is paid on a monthly basis. Only postdoctoral applicants are eligible for this type of scholarship. They will be evaluated based on their academic performance and moral character.
view all available programs here.
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Motivation letter.
- Recommendation Letters.
Important dates and deadline:
Applications for Shiraz University Fully Funded Scholarships to Study in Iran available all the year.
Although applications are open all year round, applicants are required to complete the application in time enough prior to the beginning of each semester.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here