“Student’s guide to study in Greece” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The people of Greece have a warm welcome. This will help you adjust to the new environment. The majority of people in Greece speak English fluently. Studying in Greek would be a great decision for international students.
Greece is the best place to live. You will find the wonders of the world in your vicinity there. This will be a testament to its rich history, Greece is famous for its scientists, mathematicians and philosophers. The education system in Greece reflects its quality as one of the best in the entire world, and Greece has some of the best universities in the world. Six Greek universities are ranked in the QS World University Rankings.
Greece is one of the most affordable countries to study in Europe for international students alike. On average, you will need about 450-700 euros per month for all expenses, which is reasonable compared to other European countries.
Many Greek universities offer various study programs taught in English in all fields of study. So you can study in Greece in English, without learning a new language, and you can also find scholarships for students from other countries. This will make your studies in Greece affordable.
The education system in Greece:
The education system is largely systemic as in the rest of Europe. Primary and secondary education takes 12 years and is compulsory until the age of 15. Post-secondary education is grouped as follows:
- non-university level.
- The first stage at the university level.
- The second stage at the university level.
- The third stage at the university level.
Study in Greece as an international student:
You must do the following:
- Choose the course and university you want to study in Greece.
- Check the eligibility criteria and requirements. Prepare to apply knowing that most study programs in Greece are offered in either Greek or English.
- Gather all the required papers for the application.
- Submit with documents within the deadlines.
- You will receive a confirmation of admission to the university.
- Apply for a study visa for Greece.
- Book your tickets and travel to Greece.
Best courses to study in Greece:
As an international student, you can find plenty of course options in Greece. The most popular courses are:
- Study Environmental Studies, Urbanism and Sustainability
- Contemporary Studies
- Archeology and ancient history
- philosophy and religion
- Classical and Modern Languages and Literatures
- History of art and architecture
- information technology
- Banking and Finance Sciences
Universities in Greece:
Greece has both public and private universities. The American College of Thessaloniki and the American College of Greece are both private universities in Greece. No matter which university you choose, you will continue to receive a high-quality education.
The QS World University Rankings listed several universities from Greece as the best universities in the world, including:
- National Technical University of Athens
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- University of Patras
- Athens University of Economics and Business
- University of Crete
University admission in Greece:
To get university admission in Greece, international students need to fill in the online application form. Besides the duly filled application form, they need to provide some necessary documents. Different universities have different standards for document requirements. Common requirements are:
- Fill out the application form.
- Form fee. (50 euros)
- Photo with a white background
- Academic certificates with an official translation in Greek.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Recommendation Letter.
- Motivation letter.
Tuition fees for studying in Greece:
Students from EU countries are not required to pay any tuition fees for undergraduate programs. But most master’s programs require students to pay tuition fees. Students from non-EU countries can expect around 1500 – 9000 EUR per year to pay tuition fees for all study programs.
Cost of living in Greece:
The average cost of living in Greece can be around 12,000 euros per year. This includes accommodation, food, utility bills, books, and entertainment. You can also search for scholarships to cover the cost of studying in Greece.
Student life in Greece:
Greece offers a great student life and culture for students who come from other countries to study. The main student cities in Greece are Athens and Thessaloniki. These cities have more universities in the country.
Besides education, Greece has a good climate that follows many monuments. These climate and travel destinations make Greece a great place to study and live. The presence of urban centers all over the country attracts people of all nationalities who are perfectly adapted to Greek society. The country is also known as one of the safest in the world.
Scholarships in Greece:
If you have difficulty with funding arrangements to study at a university in Greece, you can apply for scholarships. Some scholarships in Greece:
- Greece Fulbright Awards Program
- Research grants for graduate students
- Fulbright Research Grants between Greece and Turkey
- Fulbright Research Scholarships between Bulgaria and Greece
- Aristotle University Scholarships
- ACT . Scholarships
- Sasakawa Young Leaders Fellowship Program (SYLFF)
- Eugenides Foundation Scholarships
- Budosaki Foundation Scholarships
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here