“TechGirls Fully Funded Scholarships in the USA” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
TechGirls connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics by providing them access and opportunities to advance their skills and pursue their dreams.
Since 2012, TechGirls has trained and mentored 392 teenage girls (ages 15-17) from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Tunisia, and Yemen. In 2019, the program expanded to include young women from Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan).
In 2022, the program expanded to support approximately 111 young women from 35 participating countries/territories and 25 U.S. peers in a dynamic four week U.S.- based experience with a 8-month mentoring program (including pre- and post-exchange).
The core of the program is a 25-day experience in the United States in partnership with Virginia Tech University. Depending on global COVID conditions and travel guidelines adjustments in programming may occur. TechGirls participate in an interactive technology and computer camp, then virtually travel to one of the following cities (Austin, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, or Seattle) for community and career explorations. The TechGirls programming yields a multiplier effect as participants return home to educate their peers and create community based projects.
TechGirls is packed with skill-development workshops and interactions with America’s most innovative tech professionals as well as 40 hours of study at a Tech Camp with our partner the Center for Enhancement in Engineering Diversity at Virginia Tech. The TechGirls program offers a rich cultural immersion experience, improves the participants’ ability to enter tech fields and encourages them to pursue higher education in fields where women are underrepresented.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for students from the following countries:
Sub-Saharan Africa (AF) – Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Africa
East Asia and Pacific (EAP) – Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam
Europe and Eurasia (EUR) – Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey
Middle East and North Africa (NEA) – Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia
South and Central Asia (SCA) – Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan
Western Hemisphere (WHA) – Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Suriname
TechGirls Scholarships in the USA:
TechGirls is an initiative of the opens in a new windowU.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs’ (ECA) mission is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries by means of educational and cultural exchange that assist in the development of peaceful relations.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
- Are citizens of one of the eligible countries/territories and living in that country/territory at time of exchange.
- Are between the ages of 15 and 17 at the start of the exchange July 8th, 2023 (Born on or between July 9, 2005 and July 8, 2008)
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in science, technology, engineering, and/or math in their academic studies
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in STEM, especially technology
- Have strong English language skills (advanced intermediate English skills)
- Exhibit maturity, flexibility, and open-mindedness
- Will attend at least one additional semester of secondary school upon their return to their home country
- Are committed to completing a community-based project upon their return home
- Meet U.S. J-1 visa eligibility requirements (for instance, U.S. citizens are not eligible for J-1 visa).
- TechGirls encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
Benefits of TechGirls Scholarships in the USA:
The TechGirls program covers the following costs:
- Visa Fee
- Roundtrip international airfare from participant home country to the United States
- Housing during program
- Double occupancy dormitory accommodations
- Meals during program
- Breakfast, lunch, and dinner
- Local transportation to group program events
- Cultural events organized by Legacy International
- Emergency health insurance
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- An essay is required to be written during registration.
Important dates and deadline:
Applying for TechGirls Fully Funded Scholarships in the USA ends on 16 December 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here