“TechGirls Funded Scholarships in USA” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The TechGirls Program provides a rich cultural immersion experience, improves participants’ ability to enter technology fields and encourages them to pursue higher education in areas where women are underrepresented.
Since 2012, TechGirls has trained and mentored 343 teenage girls (ages 15-17) from Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Tunisia and Yemen. In 2019, the program expanded to include young women from Central Asia (Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Tajikistan and Uzbekistan).
In 2022, the program will expand to support approximately 111 young women from 36 participating countries and 25 US peers in a dynamic four-week experience in the US with an 8-month mentoring program (including pre- and post-exchange).
The core of the program is a 27-day trial in the US in partnership with Virginia Tech (tentatively scheduled for July 2022). TechGirls participates in an interactive tech and computer camp, then travels to one of the following cities (Austin, Chicago, Cincinnati, Denver, Detroit, Portland, or Seattle) for job shadowing at a tech company, homestays and community service experiences. TechGirls’ programs produce a multiplier effect as participants return home to educate their peers and create community projects.
TechGirls is packed with skill-development workshops and interactions with America’s most innovative tech professionals plus 40 hours of study at Tech Camp with our partner Virginia Tech’s Engineering Diversity Improvement Center.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
Cameroon, Kenya, Nigeria, Rwanda, and South Africa, Cambodia, Fiji, Indonesia, Mongolia, Taiwan, and Vietnam, Albania, Cyprus, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro, and Turkey, Algeria, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, and Tunisia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Pakistan, Tajikistan, and Uzbekistan, Argentina, Bolivia, Brazil, Costa Rica, Honduras, and Suriname
TechGirls Funded Scholarships in USA:
TechGirls is an initiative of the US Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. The mission of the Office of Educational and Cultural Affairs (ECA) is to increase mutual understanding between the people of the United States and the people of other countries through educational and cultural exchanges that advance peaceful relations.
TechGirls connects and supports the next generation of women leaders in science, technology, engineering and mathematics (STEM) fields by providing them with access and opportunities to advance their skills and realize their dreams.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for TechGirls Funded Scholarships in USA:
- They are between 15 and 17 years old at the start of the exchange on July 7, 2022.
- Have demonstrated advanced skills and a serious interest in technology, engineering, and/or mathematics in their academic
- Intend to pursue higher education and/or careers in technology.
- They have strong English language skills.
- Demonstrate maturity, flexibility and openness.
- They will attend at least one additional semester of high school when they return home and are committed to completing a community project when they return home.
- Preference will be given to those with limited or no prior experience in the United States.
- You are not eligible if you have traveled to the United States in the past three years as part of any other ECA exchange program.
- Please note that family members of US Embassy or Consulate employees. Employees of the US Department of State or family members of the managing organization or partner organizations are not eligible to apply.
- TechGirls encourages people with diverse backgrounds and skills to apply, including individuals with disabilities.
Benefits of TechGirls Funded Scholarships in USA:
Travel costs to and from the US as well as attend workshops to develop skills and interactions with the most innovative technology professionals in US.
Available Programs in TechGirls Funded Scholarships in USA:
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- An essay is required to be written during registration.
Important dates and deadline:
Applications of TechGirls Funded Scholarships in USA close on 15 January 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here