“The Young Founders Fellowship in Germany” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The Westerwelle Foundation for International Understanding is a nonprofit organization based in Berlin, Germany. Our mission is to create equal opportunities for all by uplifting emerging markets through empowered entrepreneurship.
The Westerwelle Foundation – Foundation for International Understanding is a non-profit foundation under civil law with legal capacity based in Berlin. It was founded in December 2013 by Guido Westerwelle, former Federal Minister for Foreign Affairs. D., and Ralph Dommermuth, CEO and founder of United Internet AG.
The aim of the foundation is to strengthen democracy in transition and emerging countries worldwide by promoting and expanding the middle classes in these countries. In order to achieve this goal, the foundation is primarily involved in the area of business start-ups and vocational training.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
The Young Founders Fellowship in Germany:
The Westerwelle Young Founders Program (YFP) is a six-month fellowship for 25 leaders uplifting emerging and developing markets towards a sustainable future. We offer targeted support to scale our founders’ ventures and develop their leadership abilities, with the following program plan:
- Kick-Off Conference: A two-day digital kick-off conference will take place in the first week of September 2022.
- Remote Program: From September 2022 – February 2023, the Young Founders will receive six months of support including a personal mentor, monthly peer mentoring sessions, monthly expert workshops and networking opportunities with corporates and investors.
- Berlin Conference: The ten best performing Young Founders will be invited to a five-day conference in Mai 2023. During this conference, the founders will have the opportunity to pitch in front of investors, participate in workshops, join networking events and get insights into the German start-up scene.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
- Entrepreneurs with high potential for impact and growth to become leaders of a sustainable future.
- A citizen or resident of a developing or emerging country.
- Has recently (in the last five years) started a for-profit company focused on developing or emerging markets.
- Your company possesses a scalable business model that has ideally generated revenue or secured a first round of external funding.
- You or your business possesses disruptive qualities that can increase the quality, impact or inclusiveness of the industry.
- You possess a good working knowledge of English.
- You are available to attend the digital kick-off conference and can make time to participate in program activities for the six months.
Benefits of The Young Founders Fellowship in Germany:
- A unique experience with a successful entrepreneur or investor, who becomes your sparring partner.
- Exchanges with other successful young founders of the cohort to share knowledge and support each other.
- Exposure to the Berlin Startup Ecosystem through a fully funded 5-day conference together with the other founders for the top 10 participants.
- Access to new business opportunities by being connected to program alumni, partners and other members of the Westerwelle Foundation network.
- Academic Certificates
- Motivation letter.
- Basic financial information (i.e. revenues, funding)
- Your LinkedIn profile.
Important dates and deadline:
Applying for The Young Founders Fellowship in Germany closes on 9 August 2022.
Notification of all applicants: 30 August 2022
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here