“United Nations University Funded Scholarship to Study in Japan” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The United Nations University (国際 , Kokusai Rengō Daigaku) (UNU) is the academic and research arm of the United Nations. Headquartered in Shibuya, Tokyo, Japan, it enjoys diplomatic status as a United Nations institution, whose mission is to help solve global issues of human development and well-being through collaborative research and education.
In 1969, United Nations Secretary-General U Thant proposed “the creation of a United Nations university, truly international and dedicated to the Charter’s objectives of peace and progress”. After three annual sessions to discuss the matter, the United Nations General Assembly (UNGA) approved the establishment of the United Nations University in December 1972. Tokyo was chosen as its main location due to the Japanese government’s commitment of $100 million to the UNU Endowment Fund.
Since 2010, UNU has been mandated by the United Nations General Assembly to award degrees, and offers several master’s and doctoral programs. It also facilitates the engagement of the United Nations with academic institutions and policy makers around the world.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
United Nations University Funded Scholarship to Study in Japan:
The Master of Science in Sustainability is a two-year program, which provides students with the knowledge and practical skills needed to contribute to solving sustainability challenges. Drawing on an innovative interdisciplinary approach, the program integrates methods and resources from the natural and social sciences, as well as the humanities. The program is intended for recent graduates, professionals and practitioners who seek to contribute meaningfully to the work of governments, civil society, the private sector, and/or the United Nations and other international organizations in the field of sustainability.
The program builds on UNU’s strong record in research and capacity development, as well as the extensive network of scholars and academic institutions involved in UNU research. The software is practice oriented, user focused, and of high academic quality. It provides students with unique opportunities to interact with leading scholars and policy makers through lectures, international conferences, and workshops.
The program begins in September, and by July of the second year, students must complete the course requirements, and have earned at least 30 credits. Students can choose courses from those offered by the UNU Graduate Institute, while also enjoying the opportunity to take courses at other leading universities in Japan such as the University of Tokyo, Sophia University, International Christian University, and Yokohama National University.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for United Nations University Funded Scholarship to Study in Japan:
- Applicants must have at least a Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent) in a discipline related to sustainability studies.
- A cumulative GPA of 2.8 or higher on a 4.0 scale (equivalent to 70% on a 100% scale).
- Demonstrate a sufficient level of English language proficiency.
- Applicants must be people from developing countries who can demonstrate their need for financial assistance.
The minimum score requirements for the English language qualifications required by UNU-IAS are:
600 in TOEFL – Paper-based Test (PBT) or
TOEFL 100 – Internet-based Test (IBT) or
IELTS 7.0 – Academic
Benefits of United Nations University Funded Scholarship to Study in Japan:
- The JFUNU scholarship provides a monthly allowance of 120,000 JPY for living expenses for a maximum of 24 months.
- study fees.
Available Programs in United Nations University Funded Scholarship to Study in Japan:
- The United Nations System and Sustainable Development
- Global Change and Planetary Boundaries
- Principles of International Development Project
- Frontier of Sustainability Science
- Water Resources Systems
- Environmental Science for Sustainability
- Environmental Politics and Climate Change
- Law and Practice of the United Nations
- Remote Sensing, Geographical Information Systems and analysis: Theory and Application
- Environmental Statistics and Research Methods
- From SDGs to Climate Change: Implementation Strategies for its Adaption and Mitigation
- Inclusive Learning Technology for Sustainable Development
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS, TOEFL
- Recommendation Letter.
- Motivation letter.
Important dates and deadline:
The deadline of United Nations University Funded Scholarship to Study in Japan is 21 February 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here