“University of Amsterdam funded scholarship to study in Netherlands” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The University of Amsterdam (UvA, Dutch: Universiteit van Amsterdam) is a public research university located in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. UvA is one of two large publicly funded research universities in the city, the other being Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam (VU). Founded in 1632 by the municipal authorities and later renamed the City of Amsterdam, the University of Amsterdam is the third oldest university in the Netherlands.
It is one of the largest research universities in Europe with 31,186 students, 4,794 employees, 1,340 doctoral students and an annual budget of 600 million euros.
It is the largest university in the Netherlands by enrollment. The main campus is located in the center of Amsterdam, with a few colleges located in nearby neighbourhoods. The university is organized into seven faculties: Humanities, Social and Behavioral Sciences, Economics and Business, Science, Law, Medicine, and Dentistry.
The University of Amsterdam has produced six Nobel Laureates and five Prime Ministers from the Netherlands. The university is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world by five major ranking tables. As per the QS World University Rankings, it was ranked 55th in the world, 14th in Europe, and first in the Netherlands in 2022.
The UvA is ranked in the world’s top 50 universities in seven areas in the 2011 QS World University Rankings in the areas of Linguistics, Sociology, Philosophy, Geography, Science, Economics, Econometrics, Accounting and Finance. In 2018 and 2019, the media and communication divisions were ranked number one in the world by the QS ranking.
It has close ties with other institutions at the international level through its membership in the Association of European Research Universities (LERU), the Institutional Network of Universities from the Capitals of Europe (UNICA), the European University Association (EUA), and 21 universities.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
University of Amsterdam funded scholarship to study in Netherlands:
The well-ranked University of Amsterdam offers a wide range of postgraduate scholarships for international students. The scholarship is awarded based on the students’ academic excellence.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for University of Amsterdam funded scholarship to study in Netherlands:
- You do not have the citizenship of an EU/EEA country or Switzerland.
- Not receiving a full coverage scholarship for the same period of study as AMS.
- You have submitted a complete application to one of the master’s programs.
- You have been (or will be) accepted for the first time into one of the UvA’s Master’s programs, be able to comply with the requirements for obtaining a Dutch visa (if applicable).
- Completed their previous academic program more than 3 years ago
- The international team must be notified as soon as possible of any change in nationality, type of residence permit or additional financial support throughout the academic year.
Scholarship selection criteria:
Eligible candidates are selected on the basis of their academic excellence and promise in the proposed field as evidenced by:
- The candidate’s academic records. Students who are in the top 10% of graduates from their classes can apply. This generally means that the overall GPA is equivalent to:
3.5 (American system, 4-point scale)
First Class Honors/Upper Class (British System)
8+ (Dutch EC system, 10-point scale);
- The academic quality of the educational institution where the postgraduate (undergraduate) degree has been (or will be) obtained;
- The quality of the letter of motivation (maximum 500 words), in which the candidate explains the reasons for choosing the specific Master’s program in a broader context and the importance of receiving this scholarship for the candidate’s future academic work;
- Curriculum vitae of the candidate, including a description of extracurricular activities such as participation in student committees, international experience, high-level sports or music, or volunteer work;
- Proof of English language proficiency
TOEFL (online); An overall score of 100, with a minimum score of 22 in each of the four components
IELTS (Academic), overall score of 7.0, with a minimum of 7.0 in each of the four components. A Cambridge Exam score with a minimum test score of C1 Advanced (CAE) A or B will also be accepted. For the C2 Test of English Proficiency (CPE), a minimum score of C is required.
- The quality of the application as a whole (completeness, accuracy, consistency).
Benefits of University of Amsterdam funded scholarship to study in Netherlands:
Covers tuition fees and a portion of living expenses (exact amount will be announced as soon as possible) for one academic year with the possibility of extension for a second year.
Available Programs at University of Amsterdam in Netherlands:
- Artificial intelligence.
- Bioinformatics and System Biology.
- Biological Sciences: Ecology and Evolution.
- Freshwater and marine biology.
- General Biology.
- Medical Biology Pathways.
- Brain and Cognitive Science.
- Computational sciences.
- computer science.
- Environmental management.
- Forensic science.
- Information Studies.
- Data science.
view all available programs here.
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Recommendation Letter.
- Motivation letter.
Important dates and deadline:
The deadline to apply on University of Amsterdam funded scholarship to study in Netherlands is 15 January 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here