“UTokyo Amgen Scholars Funded Program in Japan” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
Amgen Scholars was launched in 2006 in the United States, 2008 in Europe, and 2015 in Japan at the University of Tokyo and Kyoto University, and has expanded to additional world-class institutions in the United States, Canada, Europe, Australia and Asia.
The aim of the program is to provide undergraduate students from various countries (including some from Japan) who are committed to or considering a career in biology or related sciences and are looking to pursue graduate studies, with eight weeks of biomedical research experience in basic and translation sciences.
Research expertise is provided by faculty members in the Graduate School of Medicine, Graduate School of Engineering, Graduate School of Science, Graduate School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Graduate School of Agricultural and Life Sciences, and the Institute of Industrial Sciences.
By the end of their summer experience, students are expected to have acquired the knowledge and skills necessary to conduct research. Students are also expected to expand their international friendship through collaborative experiences. These experiences will help students develop future collaborations in a variety of situations.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
UTokyo Amgen Scholars Funded Program in Japan:
The Amgen Scholars Program provides hundreds of undergraduate students each year with the opportunity to undertake scientific research projects at many of the world’s leading institutions.
The program includes full-time 8-week laboratory work, the program features visits to graduate colleges and institutes related to biomedical research, private seminars and sessions where students can meet and have discussions, information sessions on how to apply to UTokyo graduate schools, and access to campus facilities In UTokyo like the library, health care center and gym.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for UTokyo Amgen Scholars Funded Program in Japan:
- Enrolled in colleges or universities around the world that award a bachelor’s degree (or equivalent).
- Have completed at least their first year of university study by the time the summer program begins.
- They have not graduated before the start of the summer program, and after the summer program ends they will resume their undergraduate studies for a minimum of one semester or one quarter.
- Have a strong track record of academic performance.
- Good working knowledge of English, demonstrated by a minimum TOEFL (iBT) score of 72, an overall IELTS score of 5.5, Cambridge English FCE, TOEIC score of 1095, TOEIC L&R score of 785, or TOEIC S&W score of 310.
- You are motivated to pursue a Ph.D.
- Scholars cannot take any courses or hold a position for the duration of the program. In addition, all participants must be able to attend the program for its duration to live in the housing provided by UTokyo and to fully participate in the daily life of the research group, respect the work of all laboratory members, and attend and participate in laboratory meetings or other gatherings.
- Attending mentorship on the first day of the program, all required conferences, activities and social events.
- Give a presentation describing his summer research project.
- A research paper to be submitted to UTokyo Amgen Scholars Program Director at the conclusion of the program.
Benefits of UTokyo Amgen Scholars Funded Program in Japan:
- Accommodation near the campus
- Salary: 250,000 JPY
- Travel costs: Economy class airfare for flights, or round-trip train tickets for local students, will be provided to participate in the program and the Amgen Scholars Asia symposium to be held in Singapore.
Available Programs in UTokyo Amgen Scholars Funded Program in Japan:
To see all the specialties available here.
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- 2 Recommendation Letter.
- Motivation letter.
- Personal statement.
- Application form.
- Questionnaire form.
Important dates and deadline:
Applications for applying on UTokyo Amgen Scholars Funded Program in Japan close on 1 February 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here