“Utrecht Excellence Funded Scholarships to study in Netherlands” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
The University of Utrecht (UU; Dutch: Universiteit Utrecht, formerly Rijksuniversiteit Utrecht) is a public research university in Utrecht, the Netherlands. Founded on March 26, 1636 (385 years ago), it is one of the oldest universities in the Netherlands. In 2018, it had 31,801 students enrolled, and 7,191 faculty and staff.
In 2018, 525 doctoral degrees were awarded and 6,948 scientific articles were published. The university’s budget for 2018 was 857 million euros. Utrecht University has a number of distinguished scholars among its alumni and faculty, including 12 Nobel Laureates and 13 Spinoza Laureates.
Utrecht University is consistently ranked among the top 100 universities in the world by notable international ranking tables. The university was ranked as the best university in the Netherlands by the Shanghai Ranking of World Universities 2019, ranked 13th in Europe and 49th in the world.
The university’s motto is “Sol Iustitiae Illustra Nos” which means “May the Sun of Righteousness enlighten us”. This emblem was obtained from the Latin translation of the Bible from Malachi 4:2. Rutgers University, which has historical links with Utrecht University, uses a modified version of this motto.
The University of Utrecht is led by the University Council composed of Prof. Doctor. Henk Kummeling (Rector Magnificus), Professor. Doctor. Anton Biggers (Chair) and Prof. the master. Anitje Otto (Vice President).
Close ties are established with other institutions internationally through its membership in the Coimbra Group (CG), the Association of European Research Universities (LERU), the Utrecht Network and the European University Association (EUA).
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
Utrecht Excellence Funded Scholarships to study in Netherlands:
The Utrecht Excellence Scholarship (UES) is a highly selective program intended for talented international students from outside the European Economic Area (EEA: EU countries, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway) who are pursuing a master’s degree at Utrecht University.
Scholarship money comes from the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, established by the University of Utrecht and from contributions from Utrecht alumni.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for Utrecht Excellence Funded Scholarships to study in Netherlands:
- Belong to the top 10% of your alumni class.
- You do not have an EU/EEA passport and do not qualify for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans.
- You have completed your secondary education and/or bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands.
- You have applied for an international master’s program with a start date of September 1, 2022.
Eligible candidates for a scholarship are selected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Academic quality and promise in the proposed field of study, as evidenced by your master’s application.
- Academic excellence, as demonstrated by proof of affiliation to the top 10% of the graduate class (classification certificate, GPA with an overview of grade distribution, signed and stamped reference statement/letter from your university).
- Quality and relevance of the letter of motivation for the master’s program (academic content, intercultural communication skills, personal motivation).
- Quality of the application for the master’s program itself (completeness and accuracy).
Benefits of Utrecht Excellence Funded Scholarships to study in Netherlands:
- Students accepted in the scholarship receive comprehensive coverage of tuition fees or
- Tuition fees plus the required income associated with your residence permit to study as defined by the Immigration and Nationality Service, for a period of one year.
- In a two-year master’s program, the scholarship can be renewed for a second year.
Available Programs in Utrecht Excellence Funded Scholarships to study in Netherlands:
- Health and life sciences
- Language, Literature and Communication
- Media and the arts
- culture and history
- social science
view all available programs here.
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- If you do not have proof of your English language proficiency, you can indicate this on the application form in the OSIRIS online application.
- 2 Recommendation Letter.
- Personal statement.
- Motivation letter.
Important dates and deadline:
Applications of Utrecht Excellence Funded Scholarships to study in Netherlands close on 31 January 2022.
Note: Before you can submit your application, you must pay the application fee.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here