“Women’s Public Leadership Network Funded Scholarship” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
Women’s Public Leadership Network (WPLN) educates, organizes, and inspires center- and right-leaning women to seek public office at all levels across the U.S. and become effective leaders once there.
WPLN builds a network of support across the country that includes state-based organizations to identify, engage, and train women on the ground. WPLN offers tools and opportunities designed to equip women with the knowledge and resources they need, including online content and access to a community of like-minded individuals who can help them on their journey.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarship is available for international students from all over the world.
Women’s Public Leadership Network Funded Scholarship:
The WPLN Fellowship program will engage Fellows to help build the capacity of our network of state-based organizations, which identify and train women on the ground to run for office. In 2022/23, WPLN will bring on four Fellows, each of whom will be paired with a single partner organization in one of four states/regions (New England, Georgia, Michigan, and Louisiana).
Through this program, Fellows will receive mentorship opportunities and hands-on training on practical skills needed to support and scale nonprofits. Each Fellow will support the program design, marketing, data management, and brand building efforts to help scale one of these four WPLN training partners.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
- Applicants must be enrolled in an institution of higher education at the AA, BA or graduate level. Ideal candidates will have a passion for increasing women’s representation in public office, especially those who identify as center- and right-leaning in their political ideology and want to strengthen their knowledge and skills in the nonprofit sector.
- Recipients of the International Leadership Scholarship are awarded with AUD $10,000 tuition remission and is paid in two equal AUD$5000 instalments in the recipient’s first two semesters of study.
- Passion for WPLN mission, specifically, and civic engagement, generally
- Highly organized, self-starter who can work virtually and consistently meet deadlines
- Computer literate, fully proficient with MS Office suite and Google drive
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with social media applications (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat); graphic design skills and experience with Canva a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and sustain mutually beneficial relationships
- Experience with relationship building via in person and phone contact consistently
- Strong project management skills, especially remotely
- An affinity for working with a culturally and politically diverse community
- Political experience a plus
Benefits of Women’s Public Leadership Network Funded Scholarships:
- Fellows will receive a monthly stipend of $1,250 for a total of $10,000 over the Fellowship.
- Expand your professional network.
- Meet women leaders nationally and in your home state.
- Build professional skills in both the political and non-profit realms.
- Receive professional mentorship from WPLN State Partner Executive Director and WPLN staff.
- Attend WPLN Fellowship kickoff in Washington, D.C. with tour of capitol and opportunities to meet with women leaders (expenses covered by WPLN).
- Attend WPLN’s annual National Summit (location TBD) with Fellowship Graduation ceremony, with a special lunch and certificate upon completion (expenses covered by WPLN).
Important dates and deadline:
Applications of Women’s Public Leadership Network Funded Scholarship close on 30 June 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here