“Working in the United Nations UN Volunteers” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
With offices in 193 countries and 37,000 employees, the United Nations is the world’s largest global multilateral international organization. It inspires people around the world to join its mission of maintaining peace, advancing human rights and promoting justice, equality and development.
Securing employment with an organization can seem like a daunting task, but because the scope of their work is global and multidimensional, there are many different entry points for candidates with diverse educational backgrounds and professional experience.
Volunteering is a great way for students and professionals to engage in critical issues while nurturing their global citizenship and developing useful skills. Through their knowledge and passion, UN Volunteers contribute to advancing the mandates and principles of the United Nations, promoting multilateralism and sustainability through concrete action.
United Nations Volunteers:
UNV contributes to peace and development through volunteer work around the world. The program, administered by the United Nations Development Program (UNDP), integrates highly qualified, motivated and well-supported professionals into the work of various United Nations offices and agencies, and promotes value and global recognition for volunteerism.
In 2018, 7,201 UN Volunteers were deployed worldwide and 81% of them were from the Global South.
UNV is directly responsible for the actual recruitment and recruitment of volunteers, who support the work of the United Nations in the field, regional offices, and at Headquarters with their talent and skills, while gaining hands-on professional experience with the United Nations.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for Working in the United Nations UN Volunteers:
- The minimum age is 25 years for international assignments and 22 years for national assignments.
- Prerequisites include a university degree or a higher technical diploma (a master’s degree may be required depending on the nature of the job), and two years of relevant work experience.
- Good knowledge of at least one of the three applicable UNV languages English, French and Spanish, no evidence or test is required to check the level of knowledge of any particular language.
- The United Nations Youth Volunteers Program is looking for enthusiastic and talented young people between the ages of 18 and 29 (candidate must be under 29 years of age for the duration of their service).
- The educational background and experience required varies by assignment.
- Once a candidate has completed their profile, there are two ways to choose them. Initially, when assignments are sent to UNV, a pool of applicants is searched for profiles matching the requirements of the assignment, and then qualified candidates are contacted. In the second scenario, the individual could specifically advance to a ‘specific opportunity‘.
UNV also runs a special program for those who wish to contribute to the work of the UN system from their homes, using their own computers or laptops. This program, called UNV Online, allows more than 12,000 people to volunteer remotely each year, using their skills in conducting research, graphic design, proofreading, translation and other work for a wide range of UN entities as well as organizations. non-governmental.
How to apply:
There are two main types of volunteering opportunities: volunteering abroad and volunteering in your home country.
- Those wishing to become a UN Volunteer must first sign up for the UN Volunteer Form Administration website.
- Complete their profile to be included in the Global Talent Pool, which is a list of people interested in the program.
- Provide as many details as possible regarding relevant qualifications, skills and professional experience.
- You can apply via the link here.
Important dates and deadline:
Applying on Working in the United Nations UN Volunteers is available always.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here