“YENCHING Global Symposium in China” Don’t forget to share this read-worthy article with your friends, and follow Tarek Floyd official accounts on social media 😍
For more than a century, Peking University has been the premier domestic academic venue for understanding China. It has facilitated the work of generations of scholars in pursuit of a more accurate and complete understanding of China, in fields as diverse as history, science, economics, and literature. In 2014, Peking University established the Yenching Academy, inviting a global group of scholars to join this unique intellectual environment. Yinching Academy provides a rigorous master’s program for interdisciplinary study in China, with the hope of cultivating a new generation of global citizens.
The Academy’s flagship event, the Yinching Global Symposium (YGS), is a continuation of this mission. Hosted at Peking University each spring, the symposium consists of interactive lectures, panel discussions, and interactive sessions addressing China’s impact on the world and the world’s impact on China.
Each year, the symposium hosts prominent Chinese and international speakers across a wide range of fields, including leading scholars and professionals. Today, these leaders will share their ideas with potential peers: 200 students and young professionals from around the world who have a marked passion for China in their work and research.
Nationalities eligible to apply:
This Scholarships are available for international students from all over the world.
YENCHING Global Symposium in China:
YGS 2019 has received more than 6000 applications, making YGS one of the most competitive academic conferences in Asia. The 98 selected delegates, from 47 countries, joined forces with 83 Yenching scholars to create an interdisciplinary gathering of emerging global leaders.
Eligibility Criteria and Qualifications:
To be eligible for YENCHING Global Symposium in China:
- Applicants from all over the world.
- Applicants with strong leadership potential and a willingness to engage in rigorous, interdisciplinary discussions.
- Born January 1, 1991.
- Hold at least a Bachelor’s degree in any field at the time of application.
- They will commit to the entire symposium, April 8-10, 2022.
- Fluent in English TOEFL or IELTS.
- He has never attended any of the previous Yenching Global Seminars or the Yenching Social Innovation Forums.
- Essay responses must be a maximum of 250 words or one minute video responses to each essay question. Please note that responses containing less than 50 words or those that have been stolen will not be considered.
- Incomplete and/or late applications will not be accepted.
- If English is not your first language or you have not graduated from an English-taught program, please provide evidence of your English language proficiency (standardized tests or certificates).
- Read frequently asked questions here.
Benefits of YENCHING Global Symposium in China:
- Candidates will receive a Certificate of Completion.
- Candidates are given an opportunity to learn about China and its environment.
- Candidates will gain knowledge about identifying and solving outstanding global issues.
- Candidates are provided the opportunity to engage in constructive dialogue on global issues.
- Candidates will have the opportunity to interact with the best scientists in the world.
- Candidates will be given the opportunity to learn from experienced practitioners and apply their knowledge to real-world situations.
- Photo with a white background.
- Academic certificates.
- English language proficiency certificate such as IELTS or TOEFL.
- Professional Experience.
Important dates and deadline:
The deadline of YENCHING Global Symposium in China is 31 January 2022.
- Writing and preparing academic topics
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- letter of intent
- Research proposals
- Personal Statement
- Recommendation letter
in addition to full application for scholarships and university admissions).
You can share your questions with us in the comment section below or on the Facebook group.
Full list of Tarek Floyd Academic Services from here